Click here to download Benchmarks/Skillscope information flyer
Assess Leadership Skills and Enhance Leader Development
Today's organisations ... need capable leaders to plan and guide the organisation along a path to achieving desired goals.
Today's leaders ... need opportunities to assess and reflect upon their effectiveness and plan further professional and personal development in order to be successful in their roles.
A leadership development initiative that can provide valuable information as a basis for confirming and extending leaders is a multi-rater instrument called Benchmarks® (for executives and other managers) and its associated instrument Skillscope® (for managers, supervisors and other staff).
These two instruments assist people to acknowledge their strengths, identify areas for improvement and with one-on-one follow up sessions, design an individual plan to further their professional development.
What these Services Offer You:
- Leadership assessment and development for senior and middle managers and supervisors based on comparison with an international leadership database.
- Opportunity to reassess and refocus your leadership practice in your organisation after receiving 360º Feedback ie. feedback provided by your immediate superior ('boss'), some of your peers, from those who report to you, and feedback from some others such as customers and others who know you well.
This permits you to review a range of perceptions as well as self-perception, thus providing a more complete picture of your leadership performance.
Three of our consultants, Ron Adie, Robyn Gray and Ron Finney are accredited facilitators for both Benchmarks® and Skillscope®. Accreditation was gained through Mr Ken Gilbert of The Growing Edge Consulting Service, one of the few people in Australia able to provide this training, assessment and accreditation.
The assessment tools were developed by the Center for Creative Leadership.
"The Center for Creative Leadership is a nonprofit, educational institution with international reach. For more than three decades its mission has been to advance the understanding, practice and development of leadership for the benefit of society worldwide. Center staff members conduct research, produce publications, and provide programs and assessment products to leaders and organizations in all sectors of society. Headquartered in Greensboro, North Carolina, the Center also has locations in Colorado Springs, Colorado; San Diego, California; Brussels, Belgium and Singapore, as well as Network Associates around the world certified to offer selected Center programs.
The Center annually serves leaders from more than 1,000 organizations - both public and private, including two-thirds of the Fortune 500. Each year, approximately 20,000 individuals participate in a Center program and 100,000 professionals complete a Center assessment. In 2003, BusinessWeek's biennial special report on executive education ranked the Center 1st worldwide in leadership education for the third consecutive time. The Center also ranked 4th worldwide among open-enrollment programs and 7th among custom program providers in that report. In a 2003 Financial Times survey, the Center ranked 4th worldwide among executive education open enrollment providers. The Center was the only non-business school to be included among an elite list of international educational institutions and the only institution ranked that focuses solely on leadership education." (from Center for Creative Leadership website, April, 2004)
For more information about the Center for Creative Leadership and the assessment tools, Benchmarks® and Skillscope®, follow this link to their website at www.ccl.org.
What's involved in the 360º Feedback Process?
||A group presentation to describe and invite participation in the 360º Feedback process
||A second group presentation to distribute and explain the Benchmarks/ Skillscope materials
||Individuals receive their confidential reports and general information on making sense of, and productive use of, the feedback information.
||Two individual, private and confidential interviews with accredited Benchmarks/ Skillscope facilitators take place with each participant plus a three-month follow-up meeting. The outcome of these interviews is an individual one-page plan for development.
A follow-up group meeting where participants may choose to share feedback information relevant to teamwork is also recommended.
||1.The process described above has a definite developmental focus and the feedback report is the confidential property of the recipient.
2. This process can be adapted for individual use also.
This is a highly valuable service for managers and supervisors who are conscious of the need for continued development and self-assessment and are determined to go on improving their leadership performance.
* Benchmarks® and Skillscope® are registered trademarks of the Center for Creative Leadership, Greensboro, North Carolina, USA.
From the Center for Creative Leadership ...
"What is Benchmarks®
A comprehensive, 360-degree assessment tool for experienced managers that measures 16 skills and perspectives critical for success. Benchmarks offers an in-depth look at development by assessing skills developed from a multitude of leadership experiences, identifying what lessons may yet to be learned and helping the executive determine what specific work experiences need to be sought out in order to develop critical skills for success.
Through the Benchmarks process, participants:
- Learn how others perceive their strengths and development needs.
- Learn how they compare with similar managers in other organizations.
- Focus on skills and perspectives critical to being effective and successful.
- Design a plan that links needs to specific developmental experiences.
What is Skillscope®
A straightforward, effective and efficient 360-degree feedback tool that assesses 15 key job-related skills essential for managerial success.
- SKILLSCOPE provides insightful feedback on job-related strengths and weaknesses.
- Feedback is provided in a clear, graphic format, enabling participants to quickly assess strengths and development needs.
- Participants receive a workbook-style Development Planning Guide, which helps them analyze their feedback report, identify developmental needs and set an action plan for long-term development."
To download a Benchmarks/Skillscope Information Flyer (pdf format)